Tuesday, April 22, 2014

HARRY POTTER!!!!!

This picture makes me laugh because Malfoy is creeping behind the flying car.

I used to sleep in my closet for fun.  I was bigger though.

They have this BIG lead in before you actually get to see everything.  There is this carnival barker person, then you watch a tiny documentary thing, and then you go into the Great Hall!


Can I just say that it's smaller than I thought.

But it's actual size, it's the actual great hall.
Looking back on the muggle world we've left behind.

Props from various movies are throughout the tour.  All jumbled together, as you'd expect.

Camera magic...it's amazing really what they can do with a scale sized ceiling.

Better lighting helps see better detail.

Everyones wands.

Blurry Griffindor common room.  All of these people are tiny.  Looking at these costumes made me rethink the scale of everything in the movies.

Dumbledore's office.  The costume of the first Dumbledore is lurking at the top of the right hand stairs...so creepy.

Hagrid's Hut.
They need to make the moving staircases into a maze.  With moving staircases obviously.

Speak parsel tongue and enter.

I'd like this to be the locking system on my front door.  Though PY would prefer it on the girls' room
I wished this actually had the staircase.

I imagined this so much differently when I read the book, this is definitely cooler.
All sorts of bits from the movie.
This set was so dark it was difficult to get a good picture, magically :) this one turned out.

What the heck!

The Weasley's kitchen.  I'd love to have a meal here.

The kids are checking out the Ministry of Magic.



The girls just love this room because of the cat plates, weirdos.
We'll just walk past here quickly.
LY would wreak such havoc with this map.


Careful LY, it's not attached well.

IY loved seeing this.  She has the lego version on her book case.

How would adults fit in this car?  They wouldn't.  That's why kids drive it.

Not sure if anything here is actually straight.

They decided to take the bus back.



Ginormous chess.
A few bits from the creepy creature shop.
Add caption



This should also be a ride, a roller coaster.

Diagon alley...another thing that was made to look bigger with some camera magic.

All through the tour there were sniches hidden that you had to find.  We found them all, this one was probably the easiest though.

A death eater lurking in the shadows.









The popping pillow, um, excuse me, the whomping willow.

No wand chose any of us, we must not me wizards.

We all got our Chocolate Frog cards from a different shelf and we all got the same card, Rowena Ravenclaw.


We spent about 3 hours there and at least an hour in the shop.  And I'd do it all again.

No comments: