Monday, September 16, 2013





 

 Paris!
Spring Break 2013 part II


Waiting at our favorite metro stop.


We went walking as soon as we got there...off on another adventure!

It's true!  All people in Paris have bread in their shopping bag.
  
I'll apologize now...I don't remember what most of the pictures are of.  Other than beautiful architecture.
Certainly a romantic city.
 




Notre Dame
 

 



 

 


 

I tend to find myself left behind because I'd stopped to take pictures.

 

I absolutely meant to bring a lock, which means I absolutely forgot.
 




Paris in the spring, so romantic, so chilly.
Next we walked over to the Louvre. 
We went over on a closed day just to check it out.

After a day of clouds and sprinkles we got sunshine and rainbows.
I never knew how large the Louvre Museums are...I would need days to walk through it all.

After 5 tries I get bored of standing and smiling, I tend to break out in show tune poses and jazz hands, out of insanity.

Sadly this was all that we got to see.  We went back the next day and it was closed.  Employees were striking over pickpocketers.  We were so mad...we'll have to take another trip back just for the Louvre.



 

 

 

 

 

Our home in Paris. 
 Our second day in Paris we rode the double decker bus.

 

 


Our Ride up the Eiffel Tower.  Aurelia was terrified, Lincoln was excited.

Views from the second platform.



Lincoln patiently waiting to go back inside to check out the souvineres.

Maybe not the most beautiful day to visit but it was wonderful to me.

Aurelia finally got up the courage to come outside and take a look.
Isabel and Patrick made it all the way to the top.
 

 

We survived the pickpockets, there were announcements letting us know that they were lurking.
Feeling wonderful after braving the tower.

People are just being nice when they say they can't see my grey hair...sweet, sweet people.
 




I love a good sense of humor.













 


 





 

 

The Arc de Triomphe

They say the victors write history.

But the French refuse to allow the greatness of Napoleon to be rewritten.

It was actually surprising how he was glorified.

As least he's loved somewhere in the world I guess.



Our umbrellas had busy work in Paris.  Only one of them survived the trip.


 



Comic book windows :)













All we got to see of the Rodin Garden was The Thinker's bum.  Better than nothing I suppose.
A military museum that we didn't get to stop at.









Well the trip was quick but oh so lovely.  We hope to go back one day to see all the things that we missed out on.

No comments: